Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Goodbye Frankie

Goodbye Frankie,
You’re more of a lady than I’ll ever be
So come lay your blanket by the furnace
and I’ll tell you storie ssoft and warm, smooth and sweet

Goodbye Frankie, if you leave, take me
oh Frankie I’m hot as a hash brown and begging
for something worth digging up once I bury it

Francis, you know the right things to say
when you’re stuck like mud in an awkward situation
dressing for parties you’re daft as a debutante
and I’m hoping soon something is bound to rub off

Someday I’ll wear sensible shoes and learn to tell
the right stories to impress the friends and parents of my boyfriend
but until then there’s you

Goodbye Frankie, you know your rights from your wrongs
I’m trying to see the lines drawn, but I’m human
and reaching too far just to try and touch something new

Francis, you are an angel underneath
all that hair and those eyes that can’t help but peek
at the biggest cake on the bakery shelf
No one's gonna help you, so you’ve got to help yourself

Someday I will know it means to carry
two of the same chromosomes in my blood stream
the future looks far, but it looks sweet
won’t you taste it with me

Goodbye Frankie, you’re such a lady
oh, Frankie, If you leave take me
I’m begging for something worth digging up

2 comments:

  1. What are the lyrics from this song about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love you! I have been a big fan for years. I just bought a ukelele and can't wait to learn how to play!

    ReplyDelete